Thursday, May 19, 2011

Never ever disclose your weakness


Throughout this year, I’ve been attended few interviews. One of it was really important that it can change my future path afterwards.

I want to be a Chartered Accountant in future. And I have graduated Diploma in Accountancy in 2010. And now, I am studying Bachelor of Accountancy. Yet, I did complete Part 6. And I still have 2 semesters to be completed onwards. Part 7 is my internship sem. And Part 8 is the last sem before I’ve graduated on September 2012. And I am a UiTM student.

Okay, that is a simple-studying-flow about me.

Before this, I did mention about my dilemma on what company I want to choose for my internship. I thought I went to Shah Alam or a-place-that-is-quite-further-which-is-only-me-know (but of course there is no future if I go there. Please don’t ask where, ok? J) so, I applied to Shah Alam. To be exact, it is an audit firm which is located at Worldwide (a big building at Sec13 and beside to Federal Highway). I applied for taxation since I am very interested in Tax. My CGPA is quite good and so it is not that difficult to enter that middle firm but sadly to say, they offer me to do accounting. I have experienced doing a job that accounting trainee’s do during last semester break. I felt it was bored and got no challenge as a degree student.

Then, my faculty offered me for an interview with a well-established audit firm since I qualified for that. So, I attended the interview to try my luck. I just hope that I passed. The firm will give an internship with a ‘masyuuk’ allowance, giving me to further study and obtained Professional Qualification and also guaranteed working position after I’ve completed my study at UiTM. I am so lucky right?

The interview was going well. Not that difficult like I thought. And one of the question being asked is, what is your hobby, what did u do during ur past time. OMJ, where is the FRS’s question or question related to accounting? NONE.

I admit that my English is very poor and I spoke brokenly. :D

As long as u did ur very best and never disclose ur weakness, sure u will near to the success. Never over confident. And only talk what is important relating to the question. Make it simple but lots of info. Be precise. And more important show your honesty depending on situation. If u thinks u r good enough then tell more about ur experience. Some interviewer did enjoy listening to ur kinda story-telling point of view. But they actually evaluate you. So, again, don’t bluff. My English lecturer said that interview is more like how good you are on creating a beautiful lies. Well, if your prepared well u r safe. But if u not, u better watch out or else u will caught into ur own lies.

Okay. I think I’ve give lots of info on interview looks likes.

Now, I’m so grateful that I have succeed in the interview and managed to get a good internship placement, got sponsorship to pursue MICPA-ICAA exams which is start during my intern period and employment offer for 4years contract, directly after my Degree ends.

So, basically that is my education flow starting now until I’m qualified to become a Chartered Accountant. Finally, I become someone and I don’t have to worry about my future in 5 years time. It is very well scheduled. All I need to do is to put full commitment on what I am going to do.

By the way, I am not mention yet the name of the firm right? It is not a Big 4 co. But it is the fifth. Guess what??

..to be continued..... thanks for reading...and thanks for being such a supportive friend..

p/s: how come I manage to have a bf if my life is only focussing on my career only? Kidding. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment